Toddler, 2, killed in horror police stand-off after ‘dad shot her mother and fired off more than 90 rounds’


A toddler was shot and killed by Missouri state police during a hostage incident at a camper trailer in Kansas, authorities have revealed.

The tragic incident occurred on March 26, when two-year-old Clyne Crawford and her mother were held at gunpoint by her father, Eli Crawford, the Kansas Bureau of Investigation said.

Authorities responded to the Cherokee County home around 7.15pm after a woman called 911 and asked for help with a “domestic disturbance”, KBI said.

Eli Crawford, 37, opened the door of his trailer when police arrived and closed it after seeing authorities.

Police said the situation escalated when Claislin reopened the door and her mother, Taylor Shutte, 27, ran out of the trailer.

Officials said Crawford shot the woman and then fired more than 90 bullets at four police officers who did not return fire.

more crime stories

‘Severely decomposed body’ found after family could not be contacted for a year

What to Know About the Members on Sarah Lawrence’s ‘Sex Cult’ List

Authorities say Crawford used multiple guns when he opened fire on officers.

Due to the high intensity, multiple agencies, including the Joplin Police SWAT team, arrived at the scene.

KBI revealed this week that Kleisin was killed when a Joplin police officer fired a bullet into the trailer. Her father died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, authorities said.

Joplin Police Chief Sloan Rowland said: “This is a dire outcome for a very tragic event that has begun.”

America’s most read news

“die better”

D’OH Biden

poison pen

chilling giveaway

The police chief’s statement did not explain why officers fired the shots.

“Our heartfelt condolences go out to the families involved and the surrounding community. We ask your prayers for the victims and all involved,” Roland said.

No law enforcement officers were injured in the circumstances and an investigation is ongoing, KBI said in a press release.

“We ask the public to be patient while KBI agents complete their work. A thorough and independent investigation into the incident is ongoing.

“Once concluded, the findings of the investigation will be referred to the Cherokee County Attorney to determine whether criminal charges will be brought.”

Autopsies have been scheduled for all three family members, officials said.

Cliesnn was buried on Wednesday. Her obituary described her as “full of energy” and had a lively personality.

“She was very caring and always happy,” it said.

“Cliesnn loves Minnie Mouse, she’s a jerk who never misses a chance to dance. She’ll talk to you for a few days and is the definition of ‘BOSS BABY’.

“She’s always loved hugs, small but fierce. Cliesnn has angel eyes and a smile that can warm anyone. There’s never a dull moment around this lovely girl.”

Unfortunately, this is the latest tragedy for the Clayson family. In February 2020, her cousins ​​Kynzee and Laynee Norris, aged 8 and 6, were reportedly killed in a house fire.

Their sister and grandfather managed to escape.

The damage was so extensive that investigators were unable to determine the cause, but it is believed to have been caused by a burning wood stove.

We pay for your story!

Do you have a story about the US Suns?

email us [email protected] Or call 212 416 4552.

Like us on Facebook and follow us from our main Twitter account @TheSunUS

resource: Read the full article


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here