16.9 C
New York
Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Woman sues Alabama McDonald’s for millions after a drive-thru visit went wrong, lawsuit claims

Dothan, Alabama (WDHN) — A Florida woman is suing an Alabama McDonald’s after claiming she was served “chemicals in a cup” and denied medical attention from staff .

According to the lawsuit, Shirley Hyde was driving past the McDonald’s at 3520 Rose Clark Circle when she ordered a cup of coffee in December 2021.

An employee was heard through a drive-thru speaker saying her coffee was unavailable because the machine was being cleaned. Another employee said immediately: “No, you can go.”

“I took a sip and my mouth and throat went numb right away, and then it started to burn. Now I have a permanent scar on my throat and may need corrective surgery,” says Hyde

After tasting the drink, the lawsuit said. Head discovers that something is wrong, and she returns through the drive-thru for help. The window’s manager said, “It’s okay.” And slammed it.

Hurd called emergency services, and when first responders arrived, McDonald’s employees did not help, refusing to show first responders the bottles of chemicals used to clean the machines.

The supervisor complained that:

“For nearly a decade, McDonald’s has promised to improve safety standards to prevent its customers from being poisoned by chemical cleaning solutions; and for nearly a decade, McDonald’s has failed to do so. . . it’s time for McDonald’s to change its ways.”

The lawsuit, filed in Houston County Court, seeks $3 million in damages and $10 million in punitive damages.

Hyde’s doctors said she was diagnosed with scarring and narrowing of her throat, difficulty swallowing, chronic gastritis, acid regurgitation and abdominal pain caused by inflammation and erosions in her stomach. She may need surgery in the future to repair the damage done to her throat and maintain her ability to swallow.

Murphey Family Restaurants is investigating the alleged complaint and will release a response on Monday.

This isn’t the first incident of an alleged chemical in the fast food chain’s beverages.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Articles